Cult updates, a weekly genius and tangents galore! Arden and Will applaud the 12 year-old who managed to steal his parents' credit card and take his own adventure to Bali. Arden also shares a little "What's in My Bag - Runaway Rucksack Edition." Then they introduce you to Alipay, the Chinese rating system that put you in the digital underclass, make you dump your friends, and potentially ruin or upgrade your life. Lastly, they update you on charges against Smallville actress Allison Mack for her involvement with the so-called "female mentorship group", aka the NXIVM cult.
- Milan Design Week
- Shorty Awards
- When will there be a new video? Subscribe to Arden and Will's YouTube channels to stay in the loop!
- Australian boy, 12, flies to Bali after row (BBC)
- The Goonies, one of the best adventure movies of all time!
- Spy gear alarm pad - motion sensors to catch your siblings red-handed
- Harrods spy gear
- Pi numbers
- Black Mirror is coming true in China, where your 'rating' affects your home, transport and social circle (Telegraph UK)
- Alipay, the Chinese social / payment rating system that's basically LinkedIn + Apple Pay + Instagram
- "Nosedive" - Black Mirror episode about the obsession with ratings
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Wes Anderson, Elon Musk, Robert Downey Jr. - celebrities we wish were in our circle
- Celebrity visa - is it a thing?
Let's Join A Cult!
- Riverdale, TV series that we don't understand and need a recap episode
- 'Smallville' Actress Charged With Sex Trafficking (NPR)
- Our previous episode on the NXIVM cult and despicable human Keith Raniere
- Watch out for multi-level marketing programs aka pyramid schemes
Thanks for listening!