This week, Arden and Will dig into all types of festivities! In honor of Fourth of July, they explain the science behind fireworks and the group of (dumb) people who will most likely be in the hospital on July 4th. They also introduce you to strange international holidays that celebrate Guy Fawkes' gruesome torture, star-crossed lovers, and the ever so wonderful steel phallus.
Got questions or segments to suggest? Tell us firstname.lastname@example.org or call (424) 26-COUCH!
- Who goes to the hospital the most on 4th of July (Vox) - find all the CRAAAAZY charts about teenage boys here!
- Arkansas Fireworks Laws
- Find your state's fireworks laws (and be careful!)
- Fireworks injuries & hospitalizations from the holiday
- Japanese Tanabata Festival to celebrate star-crossed lovers
- Japan's Penis Festival (Thrillist) aka The Festival of the Steel Phallus aka Kanamara Matsuri
- Hadaka Matsuri aka Naked Day
Thanks for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts