This week, Arden and Will bring you more outrageous (and actually factual) news! They share an update on the latest death in Fenn's treasure hunt, and discuss their future job as a security guard for the next Holy Grail. You'll also learn about MK Ultra, the CIA conspiracy that turned out to be true, and the (maybe) idiot who bought a Disneyland map that you probably can't afford.
Send your comments and questions to email@example.com or call (424) 26-COUCH!
Thanks to HelloFresh! Go to HelloFresh.com and use the code CRASH30 to get $30 off your first week of deliveries.
Let's Go On A Treasure Hunt!
- An update on Fenn's Treasure - Colorado Man Is Second to Die in Quest for Buried Treasure (New York Times)
- Our earlier episode when we introduced Fenn's Treasure
- Indiana Jones face melting scene, Holy Grail scene
- Goblet of Fire from Harry Potter (NOT the Holy Grail)
- Classic whoopee cushion prank if you want to troll someone IRL
- Project MK Ultra - the CIA's mind control program involving LSD, hypnosis, lots of college students, and some illegal government practices
- Hacker group Anonymous believes NASA is close to discovering alien life
- George Orwell, who did NOT assassinate JFK
- Lee Harvey Oswald
- You think Russia is bad? Look at the ways the US tried to overthrow Fidel Castro
- The Manchurian Candidate by Richard Condon
- Walt Disney's hand-drawn Disneyland map, sold for about $700,000 (Gizmodo)
- Other classic Disneyland memorabilia, including the Haunted Mansion "I Scream" poster
- The Louvre in Paris, France
- MoMA in New York
Thanks for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts