Just when we thought the world (mostly Japan) couldn't get any weirder...Learn how you can get KFC Japan's exclusive fried chicken bath scent, and why Colonel Sanders loves Japan in Christmas. If that's not bizarre enough, also find out how a Japanese man was able to marry an anime character in a VR wedding. Then dive into the ancient, yet very familiar war between intellectuals and religion that ruined the historical Library of Alexandria. Typical.
Questions? Comments? Super Mario Odyssey tips? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (424) 26-COUCH
- KFC launches bath bomb that smells just like fried chicken (Independent UK)
- Why Japan Is Obsessed with Kentucky Fried Chicken on Christmas (Smithsonian)
- KFC Japan
- Japanese men are tying the knot with their favourite Anime characters in VR weddings (Digit.In)
- Watch the happy couple get hitched!Japan's sex problem might be due to the gig economy (Independent) - read about Japan's lowering birth rate
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (and also an upcoming movie!)
Into the Wormhole
- 6 Iconic Moments In History You Never Knew Were Utter Messes (Cracked)
- A more comprehensive look at the budget crisis that ruined the Library of Alexandria (Gizmodo)
- There’s apparently a giant void in the Great Pyramid (PopSci)
- Terracotta warriors
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - finding the library
Thanks for listening!