Arden and Will have a long, long chat about an epic Tinder search, first date etiquette, and the Academy Award season! First, they explain why this week's weekly genius emailed every Claudia at the University of Missouri. Then they introduce you to a study that wants you to talk about abortions and STDs on your first date. Lastly, they debate which films, filmmakers, and actors deserved the Oscar nomination, which ones didn't make the cut, and which ones could've been ditched.
- Talk travel, not movies
- It's not what you talk about, it's how you talk
- Share secrets
- The questions to make the conversation more intimate (or so they say...)
- Be controversial
- To take the first date to the bedroom - ask the question, "“Do you like the taste of beer?”
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2018 Oscar Nominations (TIME)
- Full list of Academy Awards Nominees
- Films & actors that missed the mark:
- Every Female Director Nominated for an Oscar (SF Gate) - how are there only 5?!
- Oscars Nominate First Female Cinematographer: Rachel Morrison for ‘Mudbound’ (The Wrap)
Thanks for listening!